anno1503.freeforums.org

annokrat's ANNO 1503 forum
Aktuelle Zeit: 2017-06-26 03:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Welcome
anno 1503 auf Linux: railgun erklärt die installation auf xubuntu im video.

anno 1503 multiplayer: Peter 1986 hat ein video-tutorial zur einrichtung gemacht.

schlossbau zu babel, 4 spieler - das bild zum szenario

willkommen in annokrats ANNO-1503-forum,
inzwischen erste adresse fuer anno-1503-multiplayer, online und lan.

geöffnet seit 26. oktober 2008
um das forum in vollem umfang zu nutzen, musst du dich registrieren. auch der chat steht nur mitgliedern zur verfügung.

ja, ich möchte mich registrieren ; falls ihr hilfe benötigt:tipps zur registrierung
anno 1503 multiplayer: schlossbau zu babel, 4 spieler

Bild

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Tips For Succesfull MP Game
BeitragVerfasst: 2013-09-20 04:14 

Greetings,

first I would like to say that when I say that ANNO 1503 is my favorite game of all times I'm not telling it just because I'm on forum dedicated to this same game.I first got in touch with ANNO 1503 not too long after it was released reading review in some papers which are not the subject and I fell in love with game in instant after reading things about it like variety of buildings, animals and seeing the pictures (for years I kept clip with that article but after many movings I've lost it).. everything was perfect.

I didn't even had computer back then.Those were hard times in Bosnia several years after civil war and personal computers were rare.
Then, after 7 years I've reunited with game and surprisingly it was still leaving awesome impression on me..old emotions..
And I played it a lot but after some time AI became too predictable and I read about possibility of MP which was so good news but then cold shower..no official support for MP..failed to deliver and so on.

Years passed and I found out that two of my close friends are also fans of series (not as much as me, well I didn't liked very much any other sequel) so we would like to time to time play the game like on monthly basis but I'm not exactly sure is is possible and what are possible issues that could happen.

Last few months we are playing ANNO 1602 on weekly basis like compensation for ANNO 1503 but 1503 is much more vivid and nicer for eyes more challenging economy, more interesting fighting possibilities and what not..

I've been visiting this forum for some time but never had enough spare time like now to participate in discussions or ask question.After seeing videos of annokrat on youtube several times I've finally decided to take some time and write this more or less long post.

I would like to thank to you annokrat for running this forum and for promoting this awesome game and after all of this I would like to ask you and anyone who knows something on subject to assist me if possible.

Can someone recommend game version and PC, network specs for playing it stable in MP (4 players for lets say 4-5 hours)?

I've experienced async once when I was playing with brother and just before he were about to sink my ship on my side it was still alive and on his he destroyed it and then he destroyed my whole city but yes it was after async so it was pointless to continue..

Also is there some list of events that could cause the asyncs like for example this what I read somewhere that If players reveal themselves before they build fire brigade it cause problems later?

Can saving game states every several minutes and loading it back when async is noticed work in practice?

Is it even possible to play with MP AND engage in combat because we are mostly interested in fights as soon as we get technology to start them?

Is there anything else important or less important that I should know about subject?

Thanks in advance!

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Tips For Succesfull MP Game
BeitragVerfasst: 2013-09-20 20:43 
Site Admin

there are problems, regarding language versions others than german lanuage. i've no expierence with other languages. we succeded in modifying an english version (u.s.). it was hard work and long ago (about 6 years). i never got feed-back by any players and lost all knowledge about this modification.

so, my first question: which languade version do you play?

2. question: which version-number does your anno 1503 have?

you have to use very powerful computers, this is most important requirement. do benchmarks with your computer, to find out if it is strong enough. i recommend benchmarks, intigrated in winrar and 7-zip, because we have experiences with these benchmarks and i should be able to judge your computer.

link to my benchmark-thread (in german with some pictures):

ist-mein-computer-fur-den-anno-1503-multiplayer-geeignet-t4.html

very important: if your computer has more than 2 cores/threads, you have to reduce benchmark to only 2 threads (anno 1503 isn't able to use more than 2 cores).

post here your versions of 7-zip or winrar and results of benchmarks.

also important: internet connection. ping between players has to be low (less than 100 ms. better: less than 50 ms).

answer my questions and we'll look for next step... you'll need patience.

annokrat

anno 2070: der untergang!

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-09-21 00:21 

Hello annokrat,

first thanks for fast answer!

Zitat:
so, my first question: which languade version do you play?

Currently we're in possession of English language version of game.
Since I have great desire to make the game working I would get any language version that is available and that is most stable(first time I've played it in internet cafe long time ago it was German version so I have no problems with it and same goes for other players that would play with me)

Zitat:
2. question: which version-number does your anno 1503 have?

Zitat:
you have to use very powerful computers, this is most important requirement. do benchmarks with your computer, to find out if it is strong enough. i recommend benchmarks, intigrated in winrar and 7-zip, because we have experiences with these benchmarks and i should be able to judge your computer.

link to my benchmark-thread (in german with some pictures):

ist-mein-computer-fur-den-anno-1503-multiplayer-geeignet-t4.html

very important: if your computer has more than 2 cores/threads, you have to reduce benchmark to only 2 threads (anno 1503 isn't able to use more than 2 cores).

post here your versions of 7-zip or winrar and results of benchmarks.

At the moment I have access to only one of machines that would be used which sadly have best processor from all other machines that could be used in near future.Probably it is capable of doing what needs to be done but without results from benchmarks done on other machines it is not enough information.
Here are results from test done with 7-zip built-in benchmark.

Bild

I will make rough estimate that performance of other machines would be minimum 50% of performance of this (strongest) machine.

Zitat:

Does it mean I should set affinity to 2 cores when playing the game too or otherwise will not cause problems?
I didn't stated yet but all machines would have windows 7 installed (probably all x64 ultimate) so if it is important..
Also if game works better in lets say Windows XP I could manage to set up virtual machines on all machines or even dual boot.

Zitat:
also important: internet connection. ping between players has to be low (less than 100 ms. better: less than 50 ms).

Sometimes we would probably arrange meeting to play in LAN and in that case this condition would be met.

Bild

When making LAN party become impossible because of some reason, in worse case scenario, when using hamachi and when our machine are furthest away geographically, (case that we are in right now) lets assume that results would not differ much from these bellow.

Bild

I'm not sure if, and if yes, how much altering routing tables of routers in networks where players machines would originate so they communicate directly, could improve actual network performance but let's say we could consider making these actions if at the end we find out that connection between machines is bottleneck.

Zitat:
answer my questions and we'll look for next step... you'll need patience.

I hope I provided some basic information to step further where ever it would bring us.
Patience is something I have for sure and I will not give up easy nor I expect to make it working with first try nor I'm intending to annoy or bore you or someone else on this forum until I get what I want.
I was trying to make this work for few years, just by reading posts relating to problems I face, on different forums, and most I could get from those experiments and observations was not enough so I took this next step when I decided to ask for help from someone that looks to be an expert on subject.
Of course I'm not trying every day for last few years to make it work but I always get excited at some point and return to this after some break (if I was doing that I would probably decompile damn thing and fix the problem myself even if it's not legal and not easy - yeah this was exaggeration but it was something that crossed my mind once or twice).

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-09-21 03:12 

To make this easier I'm trying to find a place to buy the game with version you described.

Can you see it on this list?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=Anno+1503%3A

Also, is there in-game mechanics that will try to stop players with game installed with same CD key to play together in MP?

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-09-21 11:18 
Site Admin

ok, seems to be an i7-computer. your computer is very good and will be a strong server for the game.

computers with about 4000 MIPS are good enough, too.

2 cores: i only mentioned this, regarding benchmarks.

LAN-connections: of course, lan causes less problems.

internet-connection: pings about 50 ms are ok.

IMO, your main problem is the versin of anno 1503. you're playing königsedition and it seems to have copy protection, as you mentioned cd-key. we have no experiences with copy-protected versions, because there are german versions without any protection. we don't need any cd/dvd to start or to play the game.

in meantime we play version 1.05, that's classic-version (basic game without add-on). this is most stable version, has no copy protection, but there are only features of basic game. sometimes we played an elder version of "königsedition", which is copy-protection-free,

other problem: all versions of "königsedition" got same version-numbers, although differing.

my suggestion at the moment: stay with your version and try to run mp on it.

i forgot an important question: where did you get the scene, to play mp with? did you use a scene from annopool?

i recommend one of my scenes, which is working very good:

"reiche_welt 1503 multiplay", link to download of annopool: http://www.annopool.de/index.php?page=E ... tryID=1461

give it a try and tell me, what happened.

annokrat

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-11-25 20:08 

Hey guys. I used to play this game, it's awesome! Suddenly remembered it again.
I can't find anyone around to play in LAN :( (i'm russian), so i'm wondering... Does any possibilities to play it via Internet with people???
P.s. I have the Gold edition (it's 3.00.043.00 ver. i guess), after installing AnnoNetTool, Internet button is unclickable.

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-11-26 00:36 
Site Admin

which language-version do you play?

regarding version-number: AFAIK,ubi used only one number for all different versions of königs-edition and related (gold-edition, e.g.), therefore version-number is useless.

annokrat

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-11-26 10:44 

I have an english one.
I could give a try any version if it necessary to play with people.
I wish to know the time when people gathering together online to catch them and join if it possible.
Can't find any active english- community of Anno 1503, and unfortunatly don't speak german, so i really need some help lol :D

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-11-26 19:34 
Site Admin

unfortunately, different lanuage-version doesn't work together. we're using classic-version 1.05 with german language. this version seems to be most stable.

there are only less people playing mp of anno 1503 via internet, even in germany. since several years, we're playing on tuesday evenings, starting at 8:00 clock in german time. this evening we'll be 2 or 3 players.

also impotant: pings have to be low (less than 100 ms, better less than 50 ms). russia is a large country and far away from germany, so high pings between you and germans are possible.

please, check your ping to germany, using this adress: "www.heise.de"
tell us your result.

annokrat

BeitragVerfasst: 2013-11-27 00:04 

Thank you kindly, annokrat!
I'll try to think something out, and get german ver. My ping with Berlin is 81ms (by www.speedtest.net) .

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]